Here’s some great fat loss tips involving your diet. Achieve and maintain high alkaline levels. In an ideal world your body prefers to be in a slightly alkaline as most biochemical and hormonal exchanges work better in this state. This is a better state for fat loss.
Ideal blood pH is 7.365 – 7.4. Maintaining a diet that is two thirds alkaline foods and one third acids will contribute to a better alkaline state.
Other tips include:
- Consume filtered natural water that has a pH of 7.5 or higher. Avoid fluoridated water and all substances that contain fluoride, including fluoride mouthwashes and toothpaste. It is a toxin that can play havoc with the brain, thyroid and the bones.
- Avoiding long strenuous workouts as this can often generate more acid in your body.
- Practicing diaphragmatic breathing while exercising. This helps to lower the amount of carbonic acid which is produced in your system.
- Avoid all drugs, preservatives, additives, sugar, and negative stress. These all contribute to a more acidic body as well.
- Get a restful sleep at night; eat natural organic food when possible. Go outside and breathe deeply to receive more oxygen. All of these contribute to a more alkaline state.
- Check your pH levels on a regular basis.
- Practice metabolic eating.
This type of eating greatly helps to avoid the starvation response, assists the thyroid in functioning, keeps you in balance, and can help you burn fat effectively. This is a good life long approach for eating, and is not just a short term diet or food replacement program. Here are key points to metabolic eating:
- Eat a large protein and “good” fat breakfast. An example would be a three egg vegetable omelet. Add Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) such as fish oil or Omega 3 good oils with the meal.
- Attempt to eat 3 meals per day, each one being the size of your wrist and fist. Attempt to have 2-3 snacks every day, the size of three fingers. This helps digestion, assimilation, elimination, and thyroid functions.
- Attempt a food program which consists of 70 – 80% alkaline foods per day. This helps to keep you in a healthy alkaline state and maintains a high level of natural digestive enzymes within your system. Have as much raw food as you can handle.
- Avoid simple sugars and foods which convert to sugar easily such as soft drinks, rice, grains and baked goods.
- Avoid overeating. Try the 80% Rule. Eat until you are 80% full, and then stop. Do not eat until you are full as it prompts the storage of excess calories as fat. This is a major problem which may need some serious attention!
- Avoid under eating. Feed your body well! You want to eat good natural whole food all day, each day, to prevent the starvation response (FGM), while giving the body what it needs.
Looking for a great weight control program? Check out my Healthy Weight Program!